So, you’ve finally decided to hire a professional cleaning service. Great! You’re going to love the extra time and energy you have to devote to other projects.
Now you just have to choose from the different cleaning options. While most services will offer a variety of packages, it often comes down to two general choices: a regular cleaning and a deep one. This leads to one of the most frequently asked questions asked by clients: what’s the difference between a regular clean and a deep clean?
Let’s find out!
What’s Involved in a Regular Cleaning?
Regular cleaning is a set of cleaning tasks that usually happen on a regular basis. A lot of them – if not all – would be part of your normal cleaning routine. This may be daily, weekly, monthly, etc.
A regular cleaning service often includes the following:
- Sweeping and mopping floors
- Vacuuming carpets and rugs
- Dusting surfaces
- Cleaning the bathroom
- Cleaning the kitchen, including countertops and appliances
- Taking out trash
As you can see, regular cleaning can still be quite comprehensive, so it’s not like your cleaners are just lightly going over everything. You’re still getting a high-quality service, though it may not be quite as detail-oriented as your other option.
What’s Involved in a Deep Cleaning?
A deep cleaning typically covers everything in a regular cleaning and more. Your cleaners will get into all the nooks and crannies to make sure your place is clean from top to bottom – they may even get to places that you wouldn’t even think to look!
A deep cleaning service may involve tasks like:
- Scale and soap scum removal from kitchen and bathroom tiles, taps, and showerheads
- Cleaning behind and underneath appliances
- Scrubbing grout lines
- Wiping down door frames and baseboards
- Cleaning windows both inside and out
- Washing blinds
- Scrubbing walls
- Cleaning inside cabinets
- Sanitizing surfaces
Since deep cleaning is more extensive than a regular one, it typically takes more time and costs more money. However, you don’t have to do it as often to maintain your results.
When Do You Need a Deep Cleaning?
If you have the extra money on hand, you may wonder why you wouldn’t always opt for a deep clean. After all, the cleaner the better, right?
Well, while you can certainly schedule frequent deep cleanings of your space, it really isn’t necessary. Remember that a regular clean is pretty comprehensive as it is, so it’s best to save your money for the occasions that really call for a deep clean, like the following:
- Your first time with a professional cleaning service. In fact, some services require you to book a deep cleaning for your first appointment.
- Moving out of a house or apartment. Some landlords may try to charge you for cleaning services anyway if you leave it filthy.
- Moving into a house or apartment. You never know what the last occupants did or didn’t do while they were there! A deep cleaning gives you a fresh start in your new home.
- Before hosting a big event or party. If you have people over that you want to impress, then you’ll want to make sure your home is in pristine condition.
Whether you need a regular clean or a deep clean, we’ve got you covered here at Dallas Sunrise Maids. Contact us for a free cleaning estimate today!